Actopolis - The Art of Action
Traditionally democratic institutions are in crisis, while, at the latest since Occupy, Gezi Park or Syntagma Square, urban civil society has been on the move. Calls are growing louder and more intense for a quality of life beyond austerity policies, for a diverse media with journalists worthy of the name, for common experiences not defined by separation. 'ACTOPOLIS — The Art of Action' establishes a transnational testing ground for urban alternatives. ACTOPOLIS brings together architects, urbanists and activists from Ankara/Mardin, Athens, Belgrade, Bucharest, Sarejevo and Zagreb in a shared production laboratory. The vision behind, and the concrete aim of ACTOPOLIS is not the staging of one major event but the passing on of experience and the joint development of urban tools. The results of a three year collaboration are presented in an exhibition that is itself intended to become a public space for debate and co-production.
VenueMuseumsQuartier, Museumsplatz 1
- Sat. 07 Oct 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Sun. 08 Oct 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Mon. 09 Oct 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Tue. 10 Oct 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Wed. 11 Oct 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Thu. 12 Oct 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Fri. 13 Oct 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Sat. 14 Oct 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Sun. 15 Oct 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.