Care + Repair
An exhibition by the VIENNA BIENNALE 2017
A public workspace by the Architekturzentrum Wien
Curated by Angelika Fitz, Director designate, Architekturzentrum Wien; Elke Krasny, Curator, Professor of Art and Education, Academy of Fine Arts Vienna
Entitled Care + Repair, the contribution of the Architekturzentrum Wien (Az W) to the Vienna Biennale, is premised on care and repair as key strategies for positive change. This is also true for upcoming urban developments in Vienna. What are the new constellations of participants and the new practices needed to repair the future? The two curators Angelika Fitz and Elke Krasny will establish a public workspace in a current urban transformation area in Vienna to test out these issues. Working in tandem with local initiatives, international architects and urbanists will develop con-crete proposals for a new Care + Repair urbanism.
A growing exhibition held on location at the Az W will show the processes involved and the results. Given the conditions of Digital Modernity and the crisis of the welfare state, Care + Repair is considered to be a perspective on society as a whole, based upon shared efforts to care for, sustain, and repair our world.
- Wed. 21 Jun 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Thu. 22 Jun 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Fri. 23 Jun 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Sat. 24 Jun 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Sun. 25 Jun 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Mon. 26 Jun 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Tue. 27 Jun 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Wed. 28 Jun 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Thu. 29 Jun 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Fri. 30 Jun 2017, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.