Mario García Torres: An Arrival Tale
Storytelling, reenactment, and reportage are some of the strategies that Mario García Torres deploys to uncover (hidden) histories, narratives, and strategies embedded in archives, sites, and places and thereby to highlight the limitations of factual evidence and the agency of historical records and objects. An Arrival Tale uses a conceptual gesture that detaches the works by the artist in the TBA21 Collection from their original contexts and descriptions and offers them as a collection of stories and artistic experiments open for reinscription thereby addressing the contemporary conditions and urgencies of our societies.
“An Arrival Tale is an exhibition that pretends to use a number of my works from the TBA21 Collection to argue that the space of arrival, the space where one can reinvent oneself, could be an interesting one, and one that has historically been a space to thrive,” states García Torres.
- Wed. 26 Oct 2016, noon - 5 p.m.
- Thu. 27 Oct 2016, noon - 5 p.m.
- Fri. 28 Oct 2016, noon - 7 p.m.
- Sat. 29 Oct 2016, noon - 7 p.m.
- Sun. 30 Oct 2016, noon - 7 p.m.
- Tue. 01 Nov 2016, noon - 5 p.m.
- Wed. 02 Nov 2016, noon - 5 p.m.
- Thu. 03 Nov 2016, noon - 5 p.m.
- Fri. 04 Nov 2016, noon - 7 p.m.
- Sat. 05 Nov 2016, noon - 7 p.m.