Ballet: Le Pavillon d'Armide | Le Sacre
LE PAVILLON D’ARMIDE
BALLETT VON JOHN NEUMEIER FREI NACH ALEXANDRE BENOIS
Choreography, Stage and Costumes: John Neumeier
Music Nikolai Tscherepnin
BALLETT VON JOHN NEUMEIER
Choreography and Light: John Neumeier
Music: Igor Strawinski
Premiere: 19. 2. 2017
„Le Pavillon d’Armide“, first performed in St. Petersburg in 1907 with choreography by Mikhail Fokine, represented a high point in the history of ballet in the early 20th century, not least because of the dancers interpreting the work: Anna Pavlova, Vaslav Nijinsky and Pavel Gerdt. 100 years after the first performance of the ballet in Paris, John Neumeier presented his version of the work, which was at the same time intended as a homage to Vaslav Nijinsky, in Hamburg. Neumeier’s version of „Le Sacre du printemps“ was created in 1972 for the Frankfurt Ballet. Standing between the interpretations by Maurice Bejart (1959) and Pina Bausch (1975), this version also mirrors the spirit of these decades.
Tickets can be ordered immediatly on the Internet: www.wiener-staatsoper.at
Advance ticket sales start two month before the performance date (e.g. on 1st September for 1st November, on 30th September for 30th November. Tickets for performances between 1st and 30th September will be sold from 1st to 30th May and for 1st to 31st October from 1st to 30th June)
- via Internet: www.staatsoper.at, www.culturall.com
- for credit card holders: Tel: +43 1 513 1 513, Mon. to Sun. 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- box office sales: Bundestheater ticket office (1., Operngasse 2), Burgtheater (1., Universitätsring 2), Volksoper (9., Währinger Strasse 78): Mon. to Fri. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sat., Sun. and holidays: 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Standing room tickets are sold starting 80 minutes before curtain time at the standing room box office (entrance Operngasse) only.
- Sun. 19 Feb 2017, 6 p.m.
- Mon. 20 Feb 2017, 7 p.m.
- Fri. 10 Mar 2017, 7:30 p.m.
- Mon. 13 Mar 2017, 7:30 p.m.
- Thu. 16 Mar 2017, 7:30 p.m.