Franz West - Artistclub
In winter of 2016, the 21er Haus will host an exceptional exhibition featuring Austrian artist Franz West (1947-2012), with a main focus on works made in collaboration with other leading visual artists, including Mathis Esterhazy, Marina Faust, Douglas Gordon, Richard Hoeck, Sarah Lucas, Michelangelo Pistoletto, Rudolf Polanszky, Anselm Reyle, and Heimo Zobernig among many others.
The exhibition summarises West's belief in the juxtaposition of various artistic viewpoints through collaboration and in art as a participatory activity. His hugely influential Adaptives (early sculptural works begun in 1974) were made to be held and adapted to the human body. Later works also invited participation and interaction, including furniture and his famous brightly-coloured aluminium sculptures. Throughout his life, West combined works from different periods to produce new readings, often integrating works by other artists into his own. The comprehensive exhibition aims to showcase why this particular artistic practice was crucial for the artist´s oeuvre as well as being one of the most innovative ones within the art practice of our time.
- Wed. 29 Mar 2017, 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Thu. 30 Mar 2017, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Fri. 31 Mar 2017, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sat. 01 Apr 2017, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sun. 02 Apr 2017, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Wed. 05 Apr 2017, 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Thu. 06 Apr 2017, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Fri. 07 Apr 2017, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sat. 08 Apr 2017, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sun. 09 Apr 2017, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.