Die tote Stadt
Production: Willy Decker
Stage and costumes: Wolfgang Gussmann
Korngold wrote his first composition at the age of seven, at the age of 16 his first opera, and at the age of 23 the international hit that was to make his name immortal: Die tote Stadt. The work was first performed in 1920 in a double premiere - in Cologne under Otto Klemperer and in Hamburg under Egon Pollak. Only a year later, the work was on the programme in the city of Korngold's birth - Vienna - at the Staatsoper.
Tickets can be ordered immediatly on the Internet: www.wiener-staatsoper.at
Advance ticket sales start two month before the performance date (e.g. on 1st September for 1st November, on 30th September for 30th November. Tickets for performances between 1st and 30th September will be sold from 1st to 30th May and for 1st to 31st October from 1st to 30th June)
- via Internet: www.staatsoper.at, www.culturall.com
- for credit card holders: Tel: +43 1 513 1 513, Mon. to Sun. 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- box office sales: Bundestheater ticket office (1., Operngasse 2), Burgtheater (1., Universitätsring 2), Volksoper (9., Währinger Strasse 78): Mon. to Fri. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sat., Sun. and holidays: 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Standing room tickets are sold starting 80 minutes before curtain time at the standing room box office (entrance Operngasse) only.
- Mon. 09 Jan 2017, 7:30 p.m.
- Thu. 12 Jan 2017, 7:30 p.m.
- Sun. 15 Jan 2017, 7:30 p.m.
- Fri. 20 Jan 2017, 7:30 p.m.