Direction: Irina Brook
Stage Design: Noelle Ginefri-Corbel
Costumes: Sylvie Martin-Hyszka
Light Design: Arnaud Jung
It is the genial characters of this opera that are reminiscent of Italian improvised comedy, or commedia dell’arte. On the one hand, a capricious, young woman who gives an elderly would-be-lover the run-around with self-confidence and humour, and on the other her real lover, and between them a cunning schemer. In Don Pasquale Gaetano
Donizetti created a supremely entertaining classic that always offers the greatest singers and performers an opportunity to showcase their talent. This cheerful and effervescent work has not been in the repertoire of the Wiener Staatsoper for three decades, but is now returning to the opera house on the Ring.
Tickets can be ordered immediatly on the Internet: www.wiener-staatsoper.at
Advance ticket sales start two month before the performance date (e.g. on 1st September for 1st November, on 30th September for 30th November. Tickets for performances between 1st and 30th September will be sold from 1st to 30th May and for 1st to 31st October from 1st to 30th June)
- via Internet: www.staatsoper.at, www.culturall.com
- for credit card holders: Tel: +43 1 513 1 513, Mon. to Sun. 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- box office sales: Bundestheater ticket office (1., Operngasse 2), Burgtheater (1., Universitätsring 2), Volksoper (9., Währinger Strasse 78): Mon. to Fri. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sat., Sun. and holidays: 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Standing room tickets are sold starting 80 minutes before curtain time at the standing room box office (entrance Operngasse) only.
- Fri. 28 Oct 2016, 7:30 p.m.
- Mon. 31 Oct 2016, 7:30 p.m.
- Fri. 09 Jun 2017
- Wed. 14 Jun 2017
- Fri. 16 Jun 2017