Production: Otto Schenk
Stage design: Rudolf Heinrich
Costumes: Erni Kniepert
The more mature Marschallin is the only person in this story who realizes the true nature of love in all its facets. By making sacrifices herself, she manages to smooth the way for the young ouple Octavian and Sophie despite the intentions of the avaricious and lustful Baron Ochs von Lerchenau.
Tickets can be ordered immediatly on the Internet: www.wiener-staatsoper.at
Remaining non-assogned tickets can normally be purchased two month before the performance date (e.g. on 1st September for 1st November, on 30th September for 30th November. Tickets for performances between 1st and 30th September will be sold from 1st to 30th May and for 1st to 31st October from 1st to 30th June)
- via Internet: www.staatsoper.at, www.culturall.com
- for credit card holders: Tel: +43 1 513 1 513, Mon. to Sun. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- box office sales: Bundestheater ticket office (1., Operngasse 2), Burgtheater (1., Universitätsring 2), Volksoper (9., Währinger Strasse 78): Mon. to Fri. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sat., Sun. and holidays: 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Standing room tickets are sold starting 80 minutes before curtain time at the standing room box office (entrance Operngasse) only.
- Tue. 23 May 2017, 6:30 p.m.
- Sat. 27 May 2017, 6:30 p.m.
- Wed. 31 May 2017, 6:30 p.m.
- Sat. 03 Jun 2017, 6:30 p.m.
- Sun. 10 Dec 2017
- Wed. 13 Dec 2017
- Sat. 16 Dec 2017
- Tue. 19 Dec 2017