La Fanciulla del West
Direction and Light Design: Marco Arturo Marelli
Stage Design: Marco Arturo Marelli
Costumes: Dagmar Niefind
Although there are not very many operas set in Austria, Donizetti's cheerful La fille du régiment serene is one of them: the story is set in the mountains of Tirol at the time of the Napoleonic Wars. However, the military environment of a French regiment serves only as a satirical basis for a tender love story between the sutler Marie and the Tirolean partisan Tonio.
Tickets can be ordered immediatly on the Internet: www.wiener-staatsoper.at
Advance ticket sales start two month before the performance date (e.g. on 1st September for 1st November, on 30th September for 30th November. Tickets for performances between 1st and 30th September will be sold from 1st to 30th May and for 1st to 31st October from 1st to 30th June)
- via Internet: www.staatsoper.at, www.culturall.com
- for credit card holders: Tel: +43 1 513 1 513, Mon. to Sun. 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- box office sales: Bundestheater ticket office (1., Operngasse 2), Burgtheater (1., Universitätsring 2), Volksoper (9., Währinger Strasse 78): Mon. to Fri. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sat., Sun. and holidays: 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Standing room tickets are sold starting 80 minutes before curtain time at the standing room box office (entrance Operngasse) only.
- Wed. 11 Jan 2017, 7 p.m.
- Sat. 14 Jan 2017, 7:30 p.m.
- Wed. 18 Jan 2017, 7 p.m.
- Sat. 21 Jan 2017, 7:30 p.m.