Highlights of Esterházy Palace
300 years of palace architectural history, the pleasures of art, and an idea of the lifestyle of the Esterházy princes – all can be re-lived in the rooms of Esterházy Palace.
Highlights of the new special exhibition starting June 10th in the east wing of the palace include treasures from the Princely Collections that are on view to the public for the very first time: Frankenthal porcelain, table silver from the Viennese firm of Würth and an Empire pendule with matching pair of candlesticks.
Interior architecture and pleasure in art go hand in hand in this exhibition of the Esterházy Private Foundation. They are evidence of the mastery of artists, the patronage of princes and their compulsion to parade prestige and status, and the changing face of aristocratic interiors.
The sumptuous Haydnsaal with its superlative acoustics is one of the most beautiful concert halls in the world and among the absolute highlights of the palace tour. Joseph Haydn’s (1732 - 1809) historical roots and the many Haydn memorials in Eisenstadt and its environs bear witness even today of the close ties between the composer and the city and in particular the House of Esterházy.
- Sun. 04 Dec 2016, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Thu. 08 Dec 2016, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Fri. 09 Dec 2016, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sat. 10 Dec 2016, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sun. 11 Dec 2016, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Fri. 16 Dec 2016, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sat. 17 Dec 2016, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sun. 18 Dec 2016, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Fri. 23 Dec 2016, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sat. 24 Dec 2016, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.