Tree and Soil
In the garage of Kunst Haus Wien, the Dutch artist duo Robert Knoth & Antoinette De Jong are showing their new two-channel video installation Tree and Soil together with photographic works from the series of the same name. These were created against the background of the catastrophe in Fukushima 10 years ago. As a result of a tsunami triggered by an earthquake, considerable amounts of radioactive substances were released from the damaged nuclear power plant. Since then, the area has been radioactively contaminated and the long-term consequences for humans and nature cannot be foreseen.
"With Tree and Soil, we highlight the natural beauty and value of nature. By linking the past and the present, we explore the relationship that people have with their natural environment. After the radical transformation of the abandoned landscapes around Fukushima, we often felt like archaeologists of the future, trying to understand what had happened in a distant past."
Untere Weißgerberstraße 13
- Fri. 28 Jan 2022, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sat. 29 Jan 2022, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sun. 30 Jan 2022, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Mon. 31 Jan 2022, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Tue. 01 Feb 2022, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Wed. 02 Feb 2022, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Thu. 03 Feb 2022, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Fri. 04 Feb 2022, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sat. 05 Feb 2022, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sun. 06 Feb 2022, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.