Director: Daniele Abbado
Stage design: Graziano Gregori
Costumes: Carla Teti
It was only during the Verdi renaissance in the 1920s that Don Carlo, based on Schiller's play of the same name, gained the popularity with audiences that many other works by Verdi already enjoyed. More than in his other operas, Don Carlo focuses on individuals in whose lives politics and private dealings are closely intervined. However, unlike Friedrich Schiller, Verdi gives precedence to personal conflicts over political ideals. The Staatsoper features the Italian Milan version in four acts. (Source: Wiener Staatsoper)
Tickets can be ordered immediatly on the Internet: www.wiener-staatsoper.at
Advance ticket sales start two month before the performance date (e.g. on 1st September for 1st November, on 30th September for 30th November. Tickets for performances between 1st and 30th September will be sold from 1st to 30th May and for 1st to 31st October from 1st to 30th June)
- via Internet: www.staatsoper.at, www.culturall.com
- for credit card holders: Tel: +43 1 513 1 513, Mon. to Sun. 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- box office sales: Bundestheater ticket office (1., Operngasse 2), Burgtheater (1., Universitätsring 2), Volksoper (9., Währinger Strasse 78): Mon. to Fri. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sat., Sun. and holidays: 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Standing room tickets are sold starting 80 minutes before curtain time at the standing room box office (entrance Operngasse) only.
Tickets & Info
- 14 - 221 €
- Information: +43 1 514 44 2250
- Tickets (credit card): +43 1 513 1 513
- Sun. 21 Sep 2014, 6:30 p.m.
- Thu. 25 Sep 2014, 6:30 p.m.
- Sun. 28 Sep 2014, 6 p.m.
- Thu. 02 Oct 2014, 6 p.m.
- Sun. 22 Feb 2015
- Wed. 25 Feb 2015
- Sun. 01 Mar 2015